Are you looking for a classic Italian dish that is easy to prepare but is sure to impress? Look no further than chicken piccata with pasta. This savory dish combines tender chicken breasts, a tangy lemon-caper sauce, and al dente pasta for a meal that is both delicious and satisfying.
In this article, we will provide you with a detailed recipe for chicken piccata with pasta. We will also offer tips on how to make this dish your own and how to serve it to your guests.
Ingredients of Chicken Piccata with Pasta Recipe:
For the chicken:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
For the pasta:
- 1 pound spaghetti or linguine
- Salt for the pasta water
- Begin by preparing the chicken breasts. First, season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper. Next, dredge the chicken in flour, shaking off any excess.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of butter and 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. When the butter has melted and the oil is hot, add the chicken breasts. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and cooked through. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- To make the lemon-caper sauce, add the chicken broth, lemon juice, and capers to the skillet. Bring the mixture to a simmer, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter to the skillet and stir until melted. Return the chicken to the skillet and spoon the sauce over the chicken. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until the chicken is heated through.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the pasta according to the package instructions. Be sure to salt the pasta water generously, as this will help to flavor the pasta. When the pasta is cooked to your liking, drain it and set it aside.
- To serve, divide the pasta evenly among four plates. Top each plate with a chicken breast and spoon the lemon-caper sauce over the chicken. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve immediately.
- For a healthier version of this dish, try using whole wheat pasta instead of traditional white pasta.
- If you don’t have capers on hand, you can substitute chopped green olives or sliced mushrooms.
- To add a little extra flavor to the chicken, try seasoning it with garlic powder, onion powder, or Italian seasoning before dredging it in flour.
- For a complete meal, serve this dish with a side salad or roasted vegetables.
Chicken piccata with pasta is a classic Italian dish that is sure to impress your guests. With tender chicken breasts, a tangy lemon-caper sauce, and al dente pasta, this meal is both delicious and satisfying. By following our detailed recipe and tips, you can easily make this dish at home and enjoy it with your family and friends. So why not give it a try today?