At our restaurant, we believe that everyone should be able to enjoy their favorite dishes, regardless of dietary restrictions or preferences. That’s why we’ve created our own version of chicken piccata that is not only gluten-free, but also incredibly flavorful and satisfying. In this article, we’ll share with you our recipe for gluten-free chicken piccata and explain why it’s a great choice for those who are looking for a healthier twist on a classic dish.
What is Chicken Piccata?
For those who are unfamiliar with this classic Italian dish, chicken piccata is a dish that is made with thinly sliced chicken breasts that are dredged in flour and then sautéed in a pan with butter, lemon juice, and capers. The result is a dish that is tangy, savory, and incredibly delicious.
The Problem with Traditional Chicken Piccata
Unfortunately, traditional chicken piccata is not a good choice for those who are on a gluten-free diet, as the flour used to dredge the chicken contains gluten. This can be a real problem for people who have celiac disease or gluten sensitivity, as consuming gluten can cause a wide range of health problems.
The Solution: Gluten-Free Chicken Piccata
To solve this problem, we’ve come up with a gluten-free version of chicken piccata that is just as tasty as the traditional dish, but without the gluten. Our recipe uses a combination of gluten-free flour and almond flour to create a crispy coating for the chicken, and we’ve also added in some additional seasonings to give the dish even more flavor.
How to Make Gluten-Free Chicken Piccata
Here’s our recipe for gluten-free chicken piccata:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp. capers
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- In a shallow dish, combine the gluten-free flour, almond flour, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Dredge each chicken breast in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat.
- Add the chicken breasts to the skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and place on a plate.
- In the same skillet, add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter, lemon juice, chicken broth, and capers.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken breasts and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Why Gluten-Free Chicken Piccata is a Great Choice
Not only is gluten-free chicken piccata a great choice for those who are on a gluten-free diet, but it’s also a healthier option in general. By using almond flour instead of all-purpose flour, we’ve reduced the amount of carbohydrates and increased the amount of protein and healthy fats in the dish. We’ve also added in fresh lemon juice and capers, which are both great sources of antioxidants and other beneficial nutrients.
Gluten-free chicken piccata is a delicious and healthy meal that is perfect for a weeknight dinner or a special occasion. By following the simple steps outlined in this article, you can make this classic Italian dish right in your own kitchen. So why not give it a try and enjoy a flavorful and satisfying meal that is also gluten-free?